Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thursday in the Kitchen...

Ellie and I had a fun morning doing some activities from her preschool books. We had a cooking lesson making donuts out of biscuits. I am really starting to appreciate this age that she is at. We have so much fun together! It is really nice when your children realize that they will have more fun when they begin to listen to you.

We also practiced making these little treats (below) for an upcoming family baby shower. So Yummy and so Easy! Mmm... it gets me in the mood for fall.... even if it is still in the high 80's here.

Rolo Pretzel Turtles

Unwrap Rolos. Place pretzels on baking sheet. Top with Rolos.



Bake 3-5 mins. until the chocolate just begins to melt.

Remove from oven, place on cooking rack. Squish in a nut (almonds, walnuts, pecans)



Allow time for chocolate to harden and Enjoy!



Why didn't I post pictures of the "littles" yesterday? This is what I come up with just about every time I try to take a picture. Ellie just cracked me up with her frustration over her sisters not holding still. Look at this cuteness!

5 comments:

Julie said...

Your snack looks yummy!!
The girls are all so cute together!
Julie :)

Largaespada Family said...

I just love your blog!!!! We need to get together and bake sometime with the girls. It will be fun!!! Annalise LOVES to bake...and we do it once a week!

Jaime

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

I cannot you believe you started a blog and didn't tell anyone!! I love it.
This post is too cute. I especially like the frustration shown by Ellie.

Dearest Jessica said...

i love it..and we do need more pictures of the 3 of them..you may need help or they may need to be able to sit up :)

Brandi said...

I LOVE that picture. . too funny! Oh my. . I miss that sweet girl. When do we get to see her again?

Bran