Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Ellie-isms

Because I haven't taken the time to write memories for her...

~ You wake up every morning ready for a new adventure. You ask me everyday, "What's today? Are we going to dance class, or preschool, or grammie's house, or Nana's house..." And list every other person we know.
~ Almost every time we get in the car you ask to listen to the "Bible story songs".
~ You are such a sweet sister. I often hear you telling them, "I know... it's o.k. sister... mommy's going to feed you." When it is time for them to take a bath, you have made it your job to set out the towels, soap, lotion, etc. You transitioned very well into your big sister role.
~ You love to learn. Doing "preschool" with mom is on the top of your list of things to do. You are often heard back in your room reading books out LOUD. You can write your name now and do a very good job at it. You have a love for puzzles, and put together 45 piece puzzles without a challenge. You are quite artsy with your coloring and drawings.
~ You are pretty shy when we are out in public (church, out with friends, etc). You can't wait to get somewhere but you have assess your surroundings before you are comfortable with them.
~ When you are offered a food you don't like, you very nicely say, "I don't love it." With a face that says, I really hate this.
~ You have a fear of putting your feet in the sink. When mommy puts you up on the counter to do your hair, you say, "I never, ever want to put my feet in the sink."
~ You just switched over to calling your daddy and I, "Mom and Dad". I have to say this makes me kind of sad. You have really grown up on me overnight it seems.
~ Speaking of which, you find it really funny to tease mommy by saying, "I'mmm.... getting biggerrr!"
~ You have such love for your daddy. You love to spend time with him. You ask me throughout the day what he doing while he is away at work. Every night you two have a routine of racing from the living room to the bathroom (to brush your teeth). Mommy has the job of saying "on your mark, get set, GO!" I love hearing your giggle while daddy is helping you get ready. You end the day by having a special time together at bed time reading your Bible.
~ You have a love for your family and relatives. You often ask about family members, even the ones that we haven't seen in a while. You are also thoughtful of your friends. When we are in the store you usually ask if we can buy something for Abbie or another one of your friends.
~ You look forward to going to church. When we ask you what you did in class you reply, "learned about Jesus."
~ You love to dance! This is your second year in ballet and tap. You have really come out of your shell this year. It has been a lot of fun watching you with the other little ballerinas.
~ You started going to 3 year old preschool this year. You are really enjoying getting to know your friends there. There are 9 kids in your class and you have memorized all of their names.
~ You have been a dream come true for your daddy and I.
~ You never allow a day to become boring.
~ One of our little games is to say, "III... looovvve...YOU!....

I love you little miss Ellie! It has been an amazing 3 (almost 4) years with you!



6 comments:

HB said...

What a sweet post! Such a great little girl!

Valarie Daly said...

What a sweet letter honoring your little miss "Ellie". I can say "they grow up fast" my Chelle will turn 18 next week and my brennen is 20. It is so exciting to see them growing into their "own person" as they become young adults. It's a step of faith as you allow them the freedom to make adult decisions, and walk the journey with them when their figuring "life" out! My head tells me they are young adults now, but my heart tells me their still "my babies" :-)

~Every Little Girl Needs A Bow~ said...

That was a very sweet post! She is getting so big! She is beautiful!!!

Largaespada Family said...

I have chills all over. That was such an icredibly sweet post! And those pictures...ADORABLE!!! You have such a fun family!

Brandi said...

Ok, that one of Elle sitting with her legs up and acting so "model like" is just killing me!

Love you bunches,
Brandi

Laura said...

These were so sweet... I was cracking up when she read that she had a fear of putting her feet in the sink, probably thinks she is going to get sucked down the drain. I love it!!!